Friday 3 September 2010

Lanvin X H&M


It is official! Lanvin is going to collaborate with H&M for this fall’s designer collaboration. On November 2nd both womenswear and menswear will be revealed to the public. The collection that is designed by Alber Elbaz and Lucas Ossendrijver will be available from November 23rd in about 200 H&M stores around the world.
H&M approached us to collaborate, and see if we could translate the dream we created at Lanvin to a wider audience, not just a dress for less. I have said in the past that I would never do a mass-market collection, but what intrigued me was the idea of H&M going luxury rather than Lanvin going public. I thought it was a smart concept, so I say "I do"Alber Elbaz, artistic director of Lanvin.
H&M released some teasers on Youtube previously, which had to reveal the identity of the designer bit by bit.

The videos can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/hennesandmauritz

2 comments:

  1. I saw this video the other too! it got me so excited then I realized I won't be able to get anything because I'm saving up for a trip =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... It's ok. I probably won't be able to get anything either... I won't be able to compete with all those fashionista's who'll be waiting in front of the H&M a few hours before the store opens... =.=

    ReplyDelete